We have helped many public sector organisations implement cost saving measures through solar PV. From improving energy efficiency, combatting fuel poverty to reducing CO2 emissions – we can deliver a full service solution that will achieve your renewable targets.
According to the Department for Energy and Climate Change energy prices are set to rise by at least 40% over the next ten years. As a result, there is no better time for the public sector to invest in renewable energy and gain access to the green and financial benefits of solar PV.
We have worked with local authorities, contractors and housing associations on energy schemes across the UK, and have completed retro-fit and new build solar panel installations for hospitals, civic buildings, colleges, schools and leisure centres.
Whatever your requirements we’ll help you achieve them – whether it’s to cap rising energy costs, reduce carbon emissions or enhance your green credentials – we’ll guide you through the process, delivering a full service solar PV solution that will meet your projects specific needs.
Benefits of solar for public sector
- Improve buildings energy efficiency
- Meet renewable energy requirements
- Upgrade Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Predictable & effective performance
- System design & technical support
- National project coverage
- One contractor delivering complete installation
- Dedicated project managers
- Health & safety management
- Guaranteed financial return from from FiT
- Combat fuel poverty
- Cap rising energy costs
- Save up to 50% on daytime energy costs
- Low install & maintenance costs
- Adds value to property
- Clean energy source
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Meet carbon reduction targets
- Enhance sustainability credentials
- Achieve Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) targets
One contractor delivering complete installation
We will assign a project team who will manage the entire process from site assessment to design and planning, installation, testing and commissioning right through to handover, without the need for third parties. We can provide tender quotations and identify opportunities that will assist in achieving cost reductions to ensure project viability and contractor profitability.
Our design and technical team will specify and design the most cost-effective solar PV system to fulfil your project requirements and ensure maximum value. You’ll have a dedicated project manager who will liaise with your site team throughout the project and co-ordinate our install team who will carry out all roofing, electrical work, installation and commissioning.
We’re extremely familiar with working on large sites and the associated RAMS, CDM and Method Statement requirements. Our in-house health and safety manager oversees all policies and procedures and is continually focussed on maintaining a high standard of health and safety across all projects we manage and deliver.
What we do
Design & development
- Multi-site assessment & feasibility
- High-volume design capabilities
- Solutions for every roof type
- All relevant permissions secured
- Portfolio analysis
- Business case development
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPA)
- Low-cost finance available
- Project delivery teams
- Multi-site install expertise
- One contractor delivering complete installation
- Meticulous health & safety
- In-house tenant liaison teams
- MCS registered engineers
- Regular monitoring & inspections
- Reactive & proactive maintenance
- Dedicated aftercare department
- Emergency service available 24/7
Earn a guaranteed financial return
Self-funding the installation of your solar panel installation presents a great investment opportunity for local authorities and social housing providers, whilst offering an opportunity to generate clean energy on site. The Governments Feed-in Tariff (FiT) pays a guaranteed income for 20 years for the energy generated by solar PV systems installed. To find out more, please visit our Solar finance page.
Social housing providers who upgrade their properties with solar panels can pass on added value to their social tenants, therefore providing protection against future energy price rises and energy bill savings.
Cap your energy costs with free solar PV
Civic buildings, leisure centres, hospitals and schools all have high-energy demands. Our Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) is the perfect solution that gives you the opportunity to access the green and financial benefits of solar. It can help to reduce your operating costs, carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency, without the need for any capital outlay.
We’ll install and maintain the solar PV system for free and you will then purchase the electricity the system generates at a far lower rate than what you currently pay your energy supplier. You will be able to lock in the price of this clean energy for the term of the agreement, typically 20-30 years. Read more about how we can help you fund your solar PV project through a PPA on our Solar finance page.
Who we work with