HBS delivered an integrated M&E and renewable solution for First Wessex’s affordable housing project at Bellevue Road, Southampton. We completed new build electrical works to a high standard helping the accommodation meet Code for Sustainable Home Level 4.
First Wessex Homes build and renovate social housing across the South. In 2013, they started the redevelopment of No.5 Bellevue Road in partnership with Southampton City Council. The affordable housing project will offer 19 new flats for young families. HBS provided an integrated electrical, mechanical and renewable package, with the electrical division delivering high quality new build electrical services.
- We delivered a full service solution, managing the design, installation, testing and inspection, and commissioning of all electrical works.
- New build electrical services included, mains and distribution, general small power, communal CCTV and access control, fire alarm, energy-efficient LED lighting, mechanical ventilation, lightening protection and BT/TV/FM radio throughout the 19 flats.
- Our engineers completed the inspection, testing and commissioning, to confirm all electrical installations met the required Part P and IET Wiring Regulations. In addition to this, our quality control manager completed spot checks to ensure all electrical works met quality standards and the required client specification.
- The new energies division managed the supply and fit of all new build solar PV requirements, ensuring the development met its renewable energy obligations and achieved a Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 rating. The solar panel installation will provide reliable, low-cost electricity for the client’s residents.
- The mechanical division provided new build plumbing and heating services, managing the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements. We installed underfloor heating throughout the flats, with a boosted cold water system installed in the plant room.
- We briefed First Wessex on the mechanical, electrical and renewable systems installed in each social property and provided a bespoke O&M handover pack for each flat.