HBS provided a full M&E package for First Wessex’s regeneration project at the former Foyer Building in Portsmouth. The electrical division delivered domestic electrical services, helping to complete the full refurbishment and conversion of 29 affordable flats to a high standard.
In 2013, First Wessex Homes started the regeneration of the Foyer building in Portsmouth. HBS delivered a full electrical and mechanical installation, helping the client convert and refurbish the building to its former glory. The refurbished Aggie Weston House now offers 29 affordable flats for rent and shared ownership. Furthermore, it now provides suitable accommodation for disadvantaged young people as part of a tailored programme provided by First Wessex.
- We delivered a full service solution, managing the design, installation, testing, inspection and commissioning of all electrical works.
- The design and technical team identified the best-suited and most cost effective electrical solution for each flat and the builds communal areas, thus providing maximum value for the client.
- Electrical services included, internal and external lighting, general small power, mains and distribution, smoke detection, communal CCTV and access control, electric heating, mechanical ventilation, lightening protection and BT/TV.
- Our engineers completed the inspection, testing and commissioning, to confirm all electrical installations met the required Part P and IET Wiring Regulations. In addition to this, our quality control manager completed spot checks to ensure all electrical works met quality standards and the required client specification.
- The mechanical division managed the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all domestic plumbing requirements. This included, all sanitary ware and the installation of a boosted cold water system in the plant room.
- Upon completion we briefed First Wessex on the mechanical and electrical systems installed and provided bespoke O&M handover packs for each flat type for the benefit of the social clients.