HBS Group Southern partner with premium housebuilder Oakford Homes to complete integrated mechanical and electrical services for 119 new homes and community buildings at Abingworth Meadows, a prestigious housing development in Thakeham West Sussex.
In 2016 Oakford Homes appointed HBS Group Southern as its preferred Mechanical and Electrical services partner to support the development of the first phase of 71 new homes at its Abingworth Meadows development in Thakeham.
In 2018 phase 2 followed, with HBS being awarded the contract for a further 48 units. Over the two phases, the Group has provided a fully integrated M&E package for the residential scheme in West Sussex.
The housing mix includes four and five-bedroom family homes, affordable properties and key worker dwellings. All new private homes at Abingworth Meadows benefit from premium materials, fittings and appliances to offer a sophisticated and contemporary finish that meets a high standard of energy efficiency.
In addition to the private and affordable residential units, HBS’ Mechanical and Electrical divisions undertook the M&E installation requirements for the new village hall, sports changing rooms and cricket pavilion.
- HBS Electrical and HBS Mechanical managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning of the project’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements for 119 properties and various community buildings.
- The mechanical works undertaken by HBS’ highly skilled plumbing and heating engineers included; domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods throughout.
- The internal and external electrical works being undertaken by HBS’ experienced new build electricians included; energy-efficient LED lighting, mains and distribution, general small power, cooker circuits, smoke detection, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV/ Satellite, external lighting and power.
- HBS delivered an integrated mechanical and electrical services package for the new village hall, sports changing rooms and cricket pavilion, meeting the client’s project needs and specification. This included each of the building’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements, with the addition of an energy efficient plant room and controls for the pavilion.
- To ensure compliance with all regulations and achieve the client’s exemplary standards, the on-site teams adhered to HBSGS in-house quality process during each stage of 1st fix, 2nd fix and final installation. This focus on strict quality control resulted in a consistent high standard of workmanship and finish throughout the build programme.
Upon completion, HBS Aftercare will adopt the scheme and provide a 24 hour 365 day after sales service to the residents at Abingworth Meadows for two years following handover.