HBS Mechanical provides high-quality, compliant plumbing and heating installation services to support the construction of 287 energy-efficient properties at Barratt Homes New Quarter development in Bordon.
In 2017, Barratt David Wilson Homes (Southampton) appointed HBS Mechanical to provide a full plumbing and heating installation package for 287 new homes at the award-winning New Quarter development. It forms part of the major Whitehill & Bordon town regeneration project currently under construction in Bordon on the grounds of the former Louisburg Barracks.
Barratt Homes New Quarter offers a mix of high-specification 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 and 4-bedroom family homes. The scheme will include a 25% allocation of affordable housing boosting the local areas housing supply.
The new homes feature roof-integrated solar panels designed and installed by HBS New Energies which helped to ensure both New Quarter and Heritage Quarter met its carbon reduction commitments and achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
Barratt Homes New Quarter has twice won NHBC Pride in the Job awards in 2018 and 2019. This demonstrates the quality of the properties being built and shows the commitment by HBS to deliver industry-leading plumbing and heating services.
Summary of new build plumbing & heating services
- HBS Mechanical expert on-site teams are currently delivering all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for New Quarter’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical services undertaken by HBS includes domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and wastewater systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods.
- Throughout the build programme, we monitor closely the plumbing and heating installations completed to ensure compliance with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
A SMSTS Mechanical contracts manager is leading a team of highly skilled engineers, who together are supporting Barratt Homes’ award-winning site team to achieve programme targets and deliver fully inspected, compliant new homes.
- Following CQR reports undertaken between 2017-2020, HBS Mechanical’s first, second fix and final plumbing and heating installations have consistently scored NHBC Level 6 ‘Outstanding’,
- HBS New Energies is installing a 363 kWp roof-integrated solar PV scheme across 459 units, ensuring Barratt Homes New Quarter and David Wilson Homes Heritage Quarter achieve the required sustainability targets within budget.
- Upon completion, HBS Aftercare will adopt the scheme and provide a dedicated 24-hour after-sales service to the homeowners for two years.