HBS Mechanical chosen as the plumbing and heating contractor to support the construction of 287 high-quality homes being developed by Barratt Homes at New Quarter in Bordon.
In 2017, Barratt David Wilson Homes (Southampton) appointed HBS Mechanical to provide a full plumbing and heating package for 287 new homes at the award-winning New Quarter. The housing scheme forms part of the exciting Whitehill & Bordon town regeneration project in Bordon situated on the grounds of the former Louisburg Barracks.
The New Quarter development offers a mix of high specification 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom family homes and will include a 25% allocation of affordable housing boosting the local areas housing supply.
New homes feature roof-integrated solar panels that will generate zero carbon electricity for homeowners, reducing their energy costs and carbon emissions. Designed and installed by HBS New Energies, the PV systems will help New Quarter meets its carbon reduction commitments and achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
The project which is due for a summer 2020 completion has twice won NHBC Pride in the Job awards in 2018 and 2019. This demonstrates the quality of the properties being built by Barratt Homes and shows the commitment by HBS to to deliver excellence.
- HBS Mechanical expert on-site teams are currently delivering all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for New Quarter’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical works undertaken by HBS’ qualified plumbing and heating engineers includes; domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods.
- All plumbing and heating installations will comply with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
A SMSTS Mechanical contracts manager is leading our team of highly skilled engineers, who together are supporting Barratt Homes’ award-winning site team to achieve programme targets and ensure fully inspected, compliant new homes are handed over.
- HBS Mechanical’s first, second fix and finals plumbing and heating installations have consistently scored NHBC Level 5 and 6, following CQR reports undertaken on site between 2017-2020.
- HBS New Energies are managing the design, supply, installation and commissioning of the projects roof-integrated solar PV requirements, ensuring all properties at New Quarter achieved the required sustainability targets.
- Upon completion, HBS Aftercare will adopt the scheme and provide a dedicated 24 hour after sales service to the homeowners at New Quarter for two years following handover.