HBS Group Southern completes the installation of M&E and solar PV services for 153 energy-efficient houses at Bovis Homes Kings Gate, a new residential housing development in Amesbury, Wiltshire.
In summer 2016, Bovis Homes (Southern Counties) selected HBS Group Southern as its mechanical, electrical and solar PV contractor for Kings Gate, a new sustainable housing community of 153 new build houses in Amesbury, Wiltshire.
Kings Gate features a range of private and affordable house types that include 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and 2,3,4 and 5-bedroom homes. All dwellings are designed and built to meet a high standard of specification and energy-efficiency. The mixed-tenure development reached practical completion in March 2020.
Summary of new build M&E services
- HBS Group Southern’s Mechanical, Electrical and New Energies divisions managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing and commissioning for the project’s gas, heating, water, electrical and solar PV system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical services completed by HBS’ new build plumbing and heating engineers includes domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and wastewater systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods.
- The scope of internal and external electrical services completed by HBS’ new build electricians includes energy-efficient LED lighting, mains and distribution, general small power, cooker circuits, smoke detection, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV/ Satellite, external lighting and power.
- Lead by site-based Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers, we completed 1st fix, 2nd fix and final M&E and PV system installations in compliance with our in-house Quality Management System and the client’s staged production targets.
- Our in-house Quality Control Manager worked collaboratively with the Bovis Homes site team to ensure a fully-inspected and compliant new home for every plot at handover. This was backed with a bespoke O&M handover with certification as standard.
- HBS New Energies managed the design, installation and commissioning of the solar PV systems to help ensure Bovis Homes Kings Gate achieved the 10% reduction in carbon emissions, a requirement by Wiltshire Council.
- Now complete, HBS Aftercare will provide a 24-hour 365-day after-sales service for homeowners for two years.