HBS Group Southern completes the plumbing, heating and solar PV installations for 200 luxury properties at Bovis Homes Winchester Village development.
In 2016, Bovis Homes (Southern Counties) contracted HBS Mechanical to provide a plumbing and heating installation services package for 200 new homes at the Winchester Village residential development on the outskirts of Winchester, Hampshire.
Designed by renowned local architect Huw Thomas, Winchester Village is a collection of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and 3, 4 and 5-bedroom executive family homes all built to premium quality specification and energy efficiency. The housing scheme provides 54 properties for affordable rent and 26 properties for shared ownership managed by Hampshire’s leading Housing Association VIVID.
To ensure the project achieved its carbon reduction commitments through on-site renewable technologies, Bovis Homes selected HBS New Energies as its solar PV partner to design and install roof-integrated solar PV systems for the apartment blocks.
Summary of new build plumbing & heating services
- HBS Mechanical managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning of the project’s gas, heating, water system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical services completed includes domestic hot and cold water, central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods. For the apartments HBS installed individual cold water mechanical services within an internal riser cupboard and individual external gas risers serving each apartment in addition to dry riser installations with outlet valves on each floor.
A SMSTS Mechanical Contracts Manager oversaw our team of skilled engineers who completed the first,second fix and final plumbing and heating installations to the highest quality in line with client’s requirements and the standards set by our Quality Management System.
- HBS worked in close collaboration with the Bovis Homes site team to facilitate a smooth transition through each of the three phases, consistently meeting the required production targets on time and on budget.
- We ensured all gas, heating and water system requirements comply with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- HBS Aftercare have now adopted the new community of homes at Winchester Village and will provide a dedicated 24-hour 365-day after-sales service to residents for two years.