HBS provided an integrated mechanical and renewable solution to 138 new build homes at Bovis Windmill View in Clanfield. We ensured the housing scheme met the highest standards of energy efficiency and achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
In 2013, Bovis Homes started the construction of Windmill View, a 138 home development in Clanfield. The housing scheme offered a selection of two, three, four and five bedroom houses available for private sale. HBS Mechanical provided new build plumbing and heating services to all dwellings, working alongside the New Energies division, who successfully delivered the schemes solar PV requirements.
- The mechanical division delivered a full service new build plumbing and heating solution. This covered the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements.
- Works included, domestic hot and cold water, central heating, waste water and rainwater systems, gas supply and all sanitary ware.
- HBS Mechanical carried out the installations adhering to our rigorous health and safety procedures. All systems complied with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- Upon completion, we provided a detailed O&M handover pack for each house type, giving the end-users all the information they needed for the mechanical and PV installations in their new home.
- HBS New Energies managed the supply and fit of the developments solar PV requirements. We installed bespoke solar panel systems to suit the various house types, ensuring the new build scheme achieved a Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
- Residents at Windmill View will now benefit from reliable, low-cost, renewable heating and zero carbon electricity. In addition to this, they will own an energy efficient, sustainable new home that has been built to CfSH Level 4.