HBS delivered an integrated M&E and renewable energy solution for First Wessex’s affordable housing project at Bellevue Road, Southampton. We completed new build plumbing and heating, electrical and solar PV installations to a high standard helping the accommodation meet Code for Sustainable Home Level 4.
First Wessex Homes are a specialist construction company who build and renovate social housing across the South. In 2013 they started the redevelopment of the Bellevue Road site in partnership with Southampton City Council, offering 19 flats for young families. HBS provided an integrated mechanical, electrical and renewable energy package, with the mechanical division delivering specialist new build plumbing and heating services to all 19 flats.
- The mechanical division delivered a full service plumbing and heating solution covering the design, supply, full installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements.
- Works included; domestic hot and cold water, full gas installation, underfloor heating, cold boosted water system in plant room, waste water systems and sanitary ware throughout the 19 flats.
- We carried out the installations adhering to our rigorous health and safety procedures. All systems complied with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- The new energies division managed the supply and fit of all solar PV requirements, ensuring the development met its renewable energy obligations and achieved a Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 rating. The solar panel installation will provide reliable, low-cost electricity for the client’s residents.
- The electrical division delivered a full service electrical solution covering the design, supply, installation, testing and inspection, and commissioning of all electrical works.
- We briefed First Wessex on the mechanical, electrical and renewable systems installed in each social property and provided a bespoke O&M handover pack for each flat.