HBS Group Southern complete a fully-integrated mechanical, electrical and solar PV installation contract for 120 energy-efficient new homes at Highwood Group’s award-winning North Stoneham Park in Southampton.
In 2018, Highwood Group selected HBS Group Southern to provide an integrated plumbing, heating, electrical and solar PV installation package for 120 new homes at Avenue Park. This is the first phase awarded to HBS as part of the 1200+ home North Stoneham Park development in Eastleigh.
The major housing project is being developed through a partnership between Highwood, one of the South coast’s leading developers and VIVID, Hampshire’s largest affordable housing provider.
This joint venture will see the construction of an impressive selection of apartments and 2, 3, 4 and 5-bedroom properties and will include a mix of affordable housing suitable for first time buyers and young families alike.
Summary of new build M&E services
- HBS management consulted with Highwood’s leadership team during the preliminary stages and implemented its processes and practices to ensure a swift and smooth delivery through the first phase build programme.
- Our highly-skilled on-site teams managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for the project’s gas, heating, water, electrical and solar PV system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical services completed by HBS includes domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods.
- The scope of internal and external electrical services completed by HBS includes energy-efficient LED lighting, mains and distribution, general small power, cooker circuits, smoke detection, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV/ Satellite, external lighting and power.
Lead by dedicated SMSTS Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers, we worked collaboratively with Highwood’s project team to achieve target production levels of up to 6 plots per week.
- During the completion of Avenue Park, our expert labour force completed testing and inspections at each stage of installation (i.e. first fix, second fix) followed by commissioning, handing over fully-inspected and compliant new energy-efficient homes.
- HBS New Energies helped ensure Avenue Park met its energy and carbon reduction targets through the design and specification of roof-integrated solar PV. This provided a cost-effective and aesthetic solar solution for the mixed house types and apartment blocks.
- Avenue Park’s 82 kWp new build solar PV scheme is helping to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions for the homeowners. Overall, the solar panels installed by HBS will offset the developments carbon footprint by up to 29 tonnes per year.
- Following practical completion, HBS Aftercare have adopted the award-winning North Stoneham Park scheme and will provide a dedicated 24-hour 365-day after-sales service to the residents for two years.