Linden Homes chose HBS as the M&E and renewable contractor for their Nightingale Park development in Sarisbury Green, Hampshire. HBS Mechanical provided specialist new build plumbing and heating services, completing installations to 123 new homes.
In 2014 award-winning builder Linden Homes started the construction of Nightingale Park. The 123 development within the grounds of the old Coldeast Hospital offered a mix of two, three and four bedroom houses and two bed apartments. HBS delivered an integrated mechanical, electrical and solar PV solution helping the new build scheme achieve its renewable energy requirements.
- The mechanical division delivered a full service plumbing and heating solution covering included the design, supply, full installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements.
- Works included; domestic hot and cold water, central heating, waste water systems, sanitary ware, full gas installation, rainwater.
- We carried out the installations adhering to our rigorous health and safety procedures. All systems complied with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- The contracts manager, site supervisor and team of engineers worked with the project site management throughout the build and achieved a smooth and efficient installation process from start to finish.
- Electrical works included; energy-efficient LED lighting, communal lighting, general small power, mains and distribution, smoke detection, communal CCTV and access control, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV for all 123 properties.
- The new energies division managed the supply and fit of roof mounted solar PV to the apartment blocks. The apartments will now benefit from a clean energy source and more importantly, will produce over 60 per cent less in CO2 emissions, reducing the developments impact on the local environment.
- Upon completion we briefed Linden’s site team on the mechanical, electrical and renewable systems installed and provided bespoke O&M handover packs for each flat type for the benefit of the end-users.