HBS Group Southern complete the mechanical and electrical services package for 65 new homes at Taylor Wimpey Bramley View, an NHBC Pride in the Job award-winning housing development in Bramley, Hampshire.
In February 2019, Taylor Wimpey (West London) chose HBS Group Southern to deliver the M&E services for Bramley View, a housing development of 65 new homes in Bramley, Hampshire. This continued partnership follows several successful M&E contracts delivered by HBS for the housebuilder’s West London office and an ‘Electrical Contractor of the year’ award in 2019.
Throughout the programme, our Mechanical and Electrical divisions demonstrated a strong, consistent and high-quality M&E installation performance to support Mark Palmer and his Bramley View site team in meeting their production targets.
Mark Palmer, Site Manager at Taylor Wimpey (West London) said:
“HBS showed a very professional approach to all stages of the build process at Bramley View. They demonstrated excellent communication and a cooperative work manner, with very clean and neat workmanship in advance of the programme at most stages. With the scores given there is always areas to improve which is now happening with new applications and programs.”
In August 2020 this was recognised as Bramley View scooped a prestigious NHBC Pride in the Job award in the South East Regional Awards. This further highlighted the commitment by Taylor Wimpey, our teams and other trades to build new homes to the highest standards.
Now complete, Taylor Wimpey Bramley View offers a collection of high-quality, energy-efficient 2, 3, 4 and 5-bedroom homes, with 40% allocated for affordable housing.
Summary of new build M&E services
- HBS Group Southern’s Mechanical and Electrical divisions managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Taylor Wimpey Bramley View’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements.
- The mechanical building services undertaken by HBS include domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and wastewater systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods throughout.
- The internal and external new build electrical services provided included energy-efficient LED lighting, 18th edition consumer units, general small power, smoke detection, MEV, TV+BT and external lighting.
- Lead by our Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers, our site teams completed 1st fix, 2nd fix and final M&E system installations in-line with the client’s quality and production targets.
- An in-house Quality Control Manager regularly inspected the M&E installations to ensure adherence with HBSGS in-house quality process and statutory regulations. At practical completion, we handed over 65 fully-inspected and compliant new homes. This was backed with a bespoke O&M handover with certification as standard.
- HBS Aftercare will now provide a 24-hour 365-day after-sales service to the residents at Taylor Wimpey Bramley View for two years.