Victoria Walk in East Cowes, Isle of Wight is a new build development from developer Barratt Homes, offering a mix of two, three and four bedroom properties built for private sale. HBS New Energies made a positive contribution to the success of the project. By managing the complete installation of all solar PV systems we ensured the project met all renewable requirements and achieved a CfSH level 4.
- The new energies division delivered a full service solution managing the design, supply and installation of solar PV systems.
- Following a thorough site survey in conjunction with the SAP assessor, we designed PV systems that would meet the required output and best suit the mixed house types.
- During installation, the local council stipulated that the PV panels must be in-roof. We specified and installed an alternative mounting system taking care to ensure all roofs were watertight.
- The project team managed all roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning. We completed the installation of new build PV systems over a 12-month period in line with the clients construction program.
- Victoria Walk is set to generate an estimated 78,820 kWh of clean electricity per year, with annual CO2 savings of 41,696 kg. Each new home has been built to Level 4 of CfSH and boasts a renewable energy source, giving homeowners lower running costs.