HBS New Energies complete the design and installation of roof-integrated solar PV systems for 65 new homes at Bloor Homes Crowdhill Green. The 75.25 kWp new build solar scheme helped to ensure the housing development achieved Level 4 Code for Sustainable Homes.
Crowdhill Green is a new, sustainable development from housebuilder Bloor Homes consisting of up to 330 new homes on the edge of Fair Oak, Hampshire. The first three phases which include a mix of private and affordable housing for rent and sale are now complete and feature 75.25 kWp of roof-integrated solar PV, designed and installed by delivery partner HBS New Energies.
The scheme which has been designed and constructed with a strong focus on sustainability and energy efficiency is targeting a BREEAM Communities ‘Excellent’ rating. In addition, the new homes are being built to achieve a Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 rating and contain energy-saving features, including good insulation and solar PV panels that will help to keep residents fuel bills and carbon emissions down.
Our understanding of sustainability and planning conditions combined with extensive experience working on housing developments ensured HBS were well placed to deliver a cost-effective solar PV solution for Bloor Homes that achieved the schemes on-site energy targets.
- HBS New Energies managed the design, supply and installation of solar PV systems, with HBS’ install teams responsible for all roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning.
- Through a value engineered approach, our design team were able to design a range of solar panel systems tailored to suit the multiple house types being constructed. We fully optimised the roof space to meet the performance requirements and ensured each new home achieved the required energy targets for code.
- HBS installed roof-integrated solar panel systems to a high standard and to the client’s build programme, effectively coordinating with the other trades working on site at the same time.
- After the successful completion of phase 1, HBS New Energies successfully secured contracts for all remaining phases. The client impressed by our professional approach, technical support and efficient on-site installation.
- The 75.25 kWp new build solar PV scheme is generating approximately 70,362.3 kWh of clean low carbon electricity for the residents at Crowdhill Green and saving 36.5 tonnes in carbon per year.
|No. of plots||65|
|System size||75.25 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||70,362 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||36.5 t|