HBS New Energies completes installation of roof-integrated solar PV systems for 65 new homes at Bloor Homes Crowdhill Green. The 75.25 kWp new build solar scheme helped to ensure the development achieved its sustainability targets.
Crowdhill Green is a sustainable development from housebuilder’s Bloor Homes and Linden Homes on the edge of Fair Oak, Hampshire. Built over 4 phases, the mixed-use housing scheme consists of 326 new homes with an allocation of 35% for affordable housing. Bloor Homes appointed HBS Group Southern’s New Energies and Electrical divisions to provide a fully-integrated solar PV and electrical services package.
The project has been designed with a strong focus on sustainability and energy efficiency, targeting a BREEAM Communities ‘Excellent’ rating. In addition, the new low carbon homes have been built to achieve a Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 rating and contain energy-saving features, including good insulation and solar PV systems that will help to keep homeowners fuel bills and carbon emissions down.
Our understanding of sustainability and planning conditions combined with extensive experience working on large-scale housing developments ensured HBS were well placed to deliver a cost-effective solar PV solution for Bloor Homes that achieved the schemes on-site energy targets.
Summary of new build solar PV services
- HBS New Energies managed the design, supply and installation of 75.25 kWp of roof-integrated solar, with HBS’ install teams responsible for all roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning.
- Through a value engineered approach, our design team were able to design a range of PV systems tailored to suit the multiple house types. We fully optimised the roof space to meet the performance requirements and ensured each new home achieved the required energy targets.
- HBS completed the solar installations to a high standard to the client’s build programme, effectively coordinating with all trades.
- After the successful completion of phase 1, HBS New Energies successfully secured contracts for all remaining phases. The client impressed by our professional approach, technical support and efficient on-site installation.
- HBS Electrical provided the electrical services package for Crowdhill Green, managing all aspects of supply, installation, testing and commissioning for 226 dwellings.
- The 75.25 kWp new build solar PV scheme is expected to generate 70,000 kWh of clean, reliable zero carbon carbon electricity and save up to 36.5 tonnes in carbon emissions per year.
|No. of plots||65|
|System size||75.25 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||70,362 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||36.5 t|