HBS New Energies completes solar PV installations for 450+ new homes at Bovis Homes Paragon in Cambridge. The 506 kWp solar panel scheme will ensure the large-scale housing development meets its sustainability targets.
In 2013, Bovis Homes first appointed HBS New Energies as the new build solar installer for their flagship Paragon development in Great Kneighton, Cambridge. With over 450 new homes now constructed planned, the low-carbon housing scheme has significantly boosted local housing supply.
HBS in-house design team helped to ensure the major sustainable development achieved its 10% carbon reduction target through the design of on-roof and ballasted flat roof solar PV systems for the range of houses and apartment blocks.
The award-winning residential scheme provides a selection of 2 bedroom apartments and 3, 4 and 5-bedroom houses, with a 40% allocation for affordable housing, all designed and built to Code Level 4.
Summary of new build solar PV services
- HBS New Energies managed the design, supply and installation of 400+ solar PV systems. The install teams are responsible for all roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning.
- Through a value engineered approach, our design team has been able to identify and design the most cost-effective solar PV systems for the multiple house types being constructed at each phase of the build programme. With a mix of on-roof and ballasted flat roof solar systems installed we have ensured each new home achieves the required energy targets whilst delivering a best value solution for the Bovis Homes.
- After the successful completion of phase 1, we secured and completed PV contracts for all remaining phases, completing the solar PV installations in line with the client’s build programme for over 8 years. The client impressed by our professional approach, technical support, value-engineering and efficient delivery.
- Following system commissioning at each property, our technical team provided a house-type specific O&M handover pack. This includes operational information on the PV system and all warranty documents for the benefit of the end-user.
- The 505.71 kWp new build solar scheme at Bovis Homes Paragon will yield a projected 358,867.6 kWh from renewable energy sources and save 180,058 kg in carbon per year. Furthermore, the inclusion of solar panels will provide valuable energy and carbon savings for the homeowners long into the future.
|No. of plots||435|
|System size||1 – 13.5 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||358,867.6 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||180,058 kg|