HBS New Energies completed new build solar PV installations to 138 homes at the Bovis Homes Windmill View development in Clanfield. We ensured the housing scheme met the highest standards of energy efficiency and achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
In 2013, Bovis Homes started the construction of Windmill View, a 138 unit development in Clanfield. The sustainable housing scheme offered a selection of two, three, four and five bedroom houses for private sale. Bovis Homes appointed HBS Group Southern to provide an integrated solar PV, plumbing and heating solution to ensure the new build scheme met Level 4 Code for Sustainable Homes
- The new energies division delivered a full service PV solution. This included the design, supply, installation and commissioning of solar panel systems to 138 new homes.
- Having conducted a thorough site survey in conjunction with the architects and SAP assessor, we designed bespoke solar PV systems that would best suit the mix of new build housing and meet the performance requirements.
- The project team managed all roofing, installation, electrical connection, and system commissioning for the schemes PV requirements. We completed all installations in line with our own health & safety standards and met the client’s construction program.
- Upon completion, we provided a detailed O&M handover pack for each house type, giving the end-users the information they needed for the PV and mechanical installations in their new home.
- We ensured the new build scheme successfully met its renewable requirements with all homes achieving level 4 CfSH.
- The Windmill View new build scheme will generate up to 96,600 kWh of zero carbon electricity per year, whilst delivering an estimated 55,200 kg in annual CO2 savings.
| System size || Average 1 kWp |
| Estimated project yield || 96,600 kWh/year |
| Annual CO2 savings || 55,200 kg |