HBS New Energies helped BUPA implement their renewable and low carbon projects by rolling out of solar PV across their care home portfolio. The retrofit commercial solar panels have helped Bupa deliver business savings and reduce their carbon footprint by up to 20%.
Following a full tender process in 2015, Bupa appointed HBS New Energies as one of the approved PV contractors to complete commercial solar PV installations to their care home sites. In total, we helped Bupa roll out solar PV across 19 of their care homes and achieve their target of reducing their carbon footprint by 20%. The adoption of commercial solar PV will mean that Bupa are not only helping the environment with on-site renewable energy generation but also delivering long-term business savings.
- We delivered a full service solution that included system design, project consultancy, installation, and commissioning across the nineteen care home sites. We managed and arranged all necessary DNO applications as part of the scope of works.
- We worked with Bupa to determine the best ROI, running various models to provide optimum system configuration and output, to ensure maximum energy offset.
- The project teams managed all roofing, installation, electrical connection, and system commissioning, complying with our in-house specific RAMS at all times. We completed the solar PV installations over an eight-month period in-line with our client’s requirements.
- Our quality control manager visited each site to ensure all systems met client specification and MCS requirements. The technical team commissioned and connected the systems, registering the necessary documentation to help Bupa receive the Feed-in Tariff payments.
- The low carbon solar PV scheme will deliver a total annual generation of 870,393 kWh with annual carbon savings of 470,882 kg. Furthermore, Bupa will enjoy a guaranteed source of revenue for twenty years through the Feed-in Tariff.
| Annual output
|| 870,392 kWh
| Annual CO2 savings
|| 470,882 kg