HBS New Energies completes 428 kWp solar installation at Kier Living Kingsmoor Park, a new sustainable community in Woking. The 371 solar PV systems now power the energy-efficient homes with a clean, zero carbon energy source.
Kier Partnership Homes appointed HBS New Energies as their trusted partner to design and install solar PV panels on all 371 new homes being developed at Kingsmoor Park in Woking. The inclusion of photovoltaics proved to be the most cost-effective solution to ensure that every dwelling achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and the 10% renewable energy target within budget.
Summary of new build solar PV services
- HBS New Energies successfully completed the design, supply and installation of all solar PV systems at Kingsmoor Park. Our solar install teams managed all aspects of roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning over the nine phases.
- To meet the developments planning conditions and performance standards, HBS’ in-house design team specified an in-roof solar tile system for the mixed house types and on-roof mounted solar arrays for the apartment block roofs.
- Over the 4-year period our specialist teams have remained flexible on site, completing all solar PV works to a consistent high standard in accordance with the client’s fast-paced build programme.
- The 428 kWp new build solar PV scheme is generating up to 342,000 kWh in zero carbon electricity and delivering 214,000 kg in carbon savings per year. The inclusion of both integrated solar tiles and roof mounted panels at Kingsmoor Park will provide valuable energy savings for the private homeowners and help combat fuel poverty for the social households.
- In addition to the renewable technologies installed, HBS Mechanical successfully provided a complete plumbing and heating package to the 371 dwellings. Our dedicated project team and engineers managed the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements. All installations complied with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations, and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
|No. of plots||371|
|Modules||Solar tiles + On-roof|
|System size||0.8 – 15 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||342,000 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||214,000 kg|