Kier Living awarded HBS New Energies the contract to install solar PV at Kingsmoor Park, a new sustainable community in Woking. The mixed-tenure development of 371 energy efficient homes boasts 428kWp of solar power, providing a clean energy source for homeowners.
Kier Living appointed HBS New Energies as their trusted partner to design and install solar PV panels on all 371 new homes at their Kingsmoor Park development in Woking. The inclusion of solar PV systems proved to be the most cost-effective method to achieve the performance standards and meet Level 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- HBS New Energies successfully completed the design, supply and installation of solar PV systems at Kingsmoor Park, ensuring all new homes met level 4 of CfSH. Our solar install teams managed all aspects of roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning over the nine phases.
- To meet the developments planning conditions and performance standards, our design team specified an in-roof solar tile system for the mixed house types and on-roof mounted modules across all apartment block roofs. This proved to be the most cost-effective solution for the client, whilst ensuring a seamless and aesthetic finish for each new home.
- Since the community regeneration project started over 4 years ago, our dedicated contract manager and solar installer teams have supported Kier’s site management in the efficient delivery of solar PV services through each phase. We have remained flexible on site and completed all works to the highest standards in accordance with the client’s strict build programme.
- In addition to the renewable technologies installed, HBS Mechanical successfully provided a complete plumbing and heating package to all 371 new homes. Our dedicated project team and engineers managed the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements. All installations complied with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations, and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- The 428 kWp new build solar PV scheme will yield a projected 342,000 kWh in zero carbon electricity and 214,000 kg in carbon savings per year. Finally, the inclusion of both integrated solar tiles and roof mounted panels for the houses at apartments at Kingsmoor Park will provide valuable energy savings for the private homeowners and social tenants long into the future.
|No. of plots||371|
|Modules||Solar tiles + On-roof|
|System size||0.8 – 15 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||342,000 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||214,000 kg|