HBS New Energies worked with the Richmond Motor Group to help deliver their energy saving objectives. We completed the installation of commercial solar PV to the roofs of two of their Hyundai car showrooms, helping them effectively reduce their CO2 emissions and energy bills.
Richmond Motor Group are one of the largest new and used car dealerships across the South. HBS New Energies worked with the client to help identify, design and install the most cost effective solar PV solution that would help subsidise energy costs and reduce carbon emissions at two of their Hyundai Car showrooms in Portsmouth and Guildford.
- The new energies division provided a full service solution that included; system design, finance, project management, installation and commissioning as well as all necessary DNO and OFGEM applications for Feed-in Tariff payments.
- Following initial surveys at both sites, our design and technical engineers identified and designed the best suited systems for the roofs, ensuring optimum performance.
- The installations were completed by our install team without any issues or disruption to the daily business operations, whilst adhering to our own strict health and safety measures.
- The two showrooms now generate their own renewable energy on site with the solar PV systems collectively generating up to 179,900 kWh’s of clean electricity each year.
- The Richmond Motor Group are now making positive steps towards reducing their carbon footprint, with annual carbon savings totalling 97,235 kg. Energy costs across both sites have reduced by nearly 50%.
- They will earn a guaranteed income for 20 years from the Feed-in Tariff for all clean electricity that is generated by the commercial solar panel installations.
||Portsmouth & Guildford
| Annual output
|| 179,900 kWh
| Annual CO2 savings
|| 97,325 kg