Solar thermal can satisfy a large part of your heating needs, reducing your energy bills and CO2 emissions. We deliver a full service solution helping to heat commercial buildings and new homes more efficiently through renewable energy.
Solar thermal harnesses the suns energy to provide a clean and efficient energy supply, that can heat water for commercial and domestic properties. A solar thermal system can supply more than 50% of your annual hot water needs, delivering both financial and environmental benefits to businesses and homeowners.
We are MCS accredited to design and install solar thermal systems. By utilising our experience of renewable heating systems, we’ll work closely with you to deliver a solution that will meet your renewable energy requirements in the most cost effective way.
How does solar thermal work?
It works by absorbing heat through solar panels, referred to as collectors situated on a roof. The collectors use the heat from sunlight to heat up water which can then be stored, usually in a water storage tank. A solar thermal system will need a back up heating system to further heat the water or if the hot water demand exceeds the solar thermal production.
Sunlight passes through the box, heating up the absorber plate and converts the solar energy into thermal energy. Copper pipes are attached on the top of the absorber plates, and the liquid flowing through these pipes absorbs the heat, which is then pumped and directed to the water tank and stored.
The sunlight enters the glass tubes and hits an absorber assembly where it is absorbed. A fluid transfers the heat from the absorber assembly and directs it through to the water tank, where it can be stored until needed and used within a property or premises.
Benefits of solar thermal systems
- On-site clean energy source
- High level of performance efficiency
- Achieve renewable energy targets
- Designed for optimum running efficiency
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Reduce energy bills by up to 50%
- Cap future energy price rises
- Income from the Non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Healthy return on investment with attractive payback period
- Sustainabsource of energy
- Minimal impact on the environment
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Demonstrates your commitment to the local environment
- Meet CSR obligations
Giving you peace of mind every step of the way
We’re one of the UK’s leading providers of renewable energy solutions, with a wealth of experience in installing solar thermal systems for commercial and domestic projects. We combine our experience in traditional forms of heating, plumbing and electrical works with our expertise in renewable technologies, to provide a full service solution that can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
All projects begin with an initial site survey, from there we can identify, design and install the best suited solar thermal system that will meet your renewable heating demands. Once installed the new energies aftercare team will take care of any on-going maintenance requirements you may require.
What we do
Design & development
- Multi-property assessment & technical surveys
- High volume design & specification capabilities
- Systems designed for peak performance & efficiency
- Solutions for all roof types
- Dedicated project teams
- In-house project managers
- Systems installed for optimum performance
- Meticulous health & safety
- MCS registered engineers
- MCS commissioning
- System guarantees & warranty documents provided
- MCS commissioning certification
- Bespoke hand-over pack
- Technical advice & assistance
- Regular monitoring & inspections
- Reactive & proactive maintenance
- Dedicated aftercare department
- Emergency service available 24/7
Non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
Businesses who install solar thermal will not only benefit from reduced energy bills, but will also be eligible to apply for the Non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme, that pays them money for the renewable heat they generate.
The government-backed scheme is available to the commercial, industrial and public sectors. It was set up to help reduce the UK’s dependence on fossil fuels by incentivising commercial installations of renewable heating systems. HBS are an MCS accredited installer, therefore all commercial solar thermal heat installations we complete are eligible for RHI payments and we can help you apply to the scheme.
By combining RHI payments with the savings made against heating bills, a solar thermal system can offer an attractive return on investment. To find out how much specific solar thermal systems will earn under the non-domestic RHI scheme, click here.