HBS Group Southern completes mechanical & electrical services for Bovis Homes Boorley Park, a sustainable community of 400+ homes in Hampshire.
Bovis Homes (Southern Counties) selected HBS Group Southern to provide a fully-integrated plumbing, heating and electrical installation package at their multi-phase Boorley Park housing development in Botley, Hampshire.
The mixed-tenure residential scheme includes 2,3,4 and 5-bedroom homes, all designed and built to meet Code for Sustainable Homes Level 5.
Following the completion of the M&E system installations at Phase C2a and C2b to a quality standard, HBS’ integrated Mechanical and Electrical divisions continue to support Bovis Homes at further phases of Boorley Park.
Summary of new build M&E services
- HBS Mechanical and HBS Electrical on-site teams are currently delivering all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for the development’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical services undertaken by HBS includes; domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods throughout.
- The scope of internal and external electrical services being undertaken by HBS includes energy-efficient LED lighting, mains and distribution, general small power, cooker circuits, smoke detection, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV/ Satellite, external lighting and power.
- HBS manage all statutory compliance to ensure the installations comply with Gas Safe Regulations, BS7671 standards and Building Regulations. Our Quality Control Manager ensures our workforce complete the installations to a high-quality standard set by our in-house Quality Management System.
Dedicated Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers are leading our on-site teams across multiple phases, working collaboratively with Bovis Homes’ site teams to ensure a fully inspected and compliant new home.
- Bovis Homes selected HBS New Energies as its new build solar installation parter for Boorley Park. We have managed the design and installation of the project’s solar PV requirements since the start of the build and completed plots in line with production targets over the last 4 years.
- The roof-integrated solar PV systems installed by HBS New Energies has been pivotal in helping Bovis Homes achieve the 19% reduction in carbon emissions through on-site renewable generation, a requirement by the local authority.
- Upon completion, HBS Aftercare will adopt each phase and provide a 24-hour 365-day after-sales service to the residents for two years.