Bovis Homes appoint HBS Group Southern as a preferred mechanical & electrical installation partner to support the construction of Boorley Park a new sustainable community of 400+ energy efficient homes currently in progress in Botley.
Bovis Homes (Southern Counties) has selected HBS Group Southern to install plumbing and heating and electrical services at their multi-phase Boorley Park development in Botley, Hampshire.
The mixed-tenure scheme includes 2,3,4 and bedroom 5 bedroom homes, all designed and built equivalent to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 5.
After successfully completing M+E installations at Phase C2a and C2b to a quality standard on time and to budget. Bovis Homes has continued to choose HBS’ integrated Mechanical and Electrical divisions to support further phases over the last 3 years.
- HBS Mechanical and HBS Electrical on-site teams are currently delivering all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for the development’s gas, heating, water and electrical system requirements.
- The scope of mechanical works undertaken by HBS’ qualified plumbing and heating engineers includes; domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods throughout.
- The scope of internal and external electrical works being undertaken by HBS’ team of qualified electricians included; energy-efficient LED lighting, mains and distribution, general small power, cooker circuits, smoke detection, mechanical ventilation, and BT/TV/ Satellite, external lighting and power.
- HBS are managing all statutory compliance to ensure the installations comply with Gas Safe Regulations, BS7671 standards and Building Regulations. Our Quality Control Manager ensures our workforce complete the installations to the high-quality standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
Dedicated Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers are leading our on-site teams across multiple phases, working collaboratively with Bovis Homes’ site teams to ensure a fully inspected and compliant new home.
- HBS New Energies partnered with the housebuilder for Boorley Park for the solar PV requirements since it started and has been helping Bovis Homes achieve the on-site energy targets for all phases over the last 3 years.
- The design and installation of roof-integrated solar panels by HBS was pivotal in helping Bovis Homes achieve the 19% reduction in carbon emissions through on-site renewable generation, a requirement by the local authority.
- Upon completion, HBS Aftercare will adopt the scheme and provide a 24 hour 365 day after sales service to the residents at Boorley Park for two years following handover.