HBS New Energies complete the installation of 40 roof-integrated solar PV systems at Bovis Homes Hamble View in Southampton. The 79.2 kWp new build solar panel scheme helped to ensure the housing development met Level 4 Code for Sustainable Homes.
Hamble View is a mixed-tenure development of 90 dwellings from leading housebuilder Bovis Homes. It includes 59 open market units and 31 affordable housing units and features 79.2 kWp of roof-integrated solar PV, designed and installed by delivery partner HBS New Energies.
Built to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4, the new homes include a mix of 1, 2 bedroom apartments and 2-6 bedroom homes and will support Eastleigh Borough Council in meeting their immediate need for sustainable housing.
The inclusion of solar PV panels ensured the development achieved its targeted 15% reduction in carbon emissions through on-site renewables and will help to keep residents energy bills and carbon emissions down.
- HBS New Energies managed the design, supply and installation of solar PV systems, with HBS’ install teams responsible for all roofing, installation, electrical connection and system commissioning.
- Our understanding of local planning conditions combined with extensive new build PV experience ensured HBS were well positioned to deliver a cost-effective solar PV solution that achieved Bovis Homes’ on-site energy targets within budget.
- To meet Eastleigh Borough Council’s required 15% saving in carbon emissions through on-site renewable generation, HBS’ design team value engineered solar PV systems tailored to suit the schedule of house types.
- Now complete, the 79.2 kWp new build solar PV scheme is set to generate approximately 71,056 kWh of clean low carbon electricity for the residents at Hamble View, saving 36.8 tonnes of carbon emissions per year.
- HBS Mechanical worked alongside HBS New Energies to deliver a fully-integrated mechanical design, supply, installation and commissioning package for all plumbing and heating system requirements at Hamble View. The mechanical installation services completed for 90 new homes included domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and waste water systems, sanitary ware, rainwater systems throughout.
|No. of plots||40|
|System size||79.2 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||71.056 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||36.8 t|