HBS New Energies completes 607kWp new build solar PV scheme for 225 new homes at Lovell Partnerships Bulford Service Families’ Accommodation (SFA).
In 2018, Lovell Partnerships appointed HBS New Energies as its new build solar installation partner to design, install and commission the Photovoltaic (PV) requirements at Bulford Service Families’ Accommodation (SFA).
The New Energies division secured the PV contract after providing a best value PV solution to achieve the site wide kWh and 19% on-site carbon reduction target. This was backed up our proven track record installing solar PV systems for national developers and housebuilders across the UK.
In addition to the PV contract, HBS Group Southern’s Mechanical and Electrical divisions completed the projects M&E services installation package. This fully-integrated approach supplied by HBS Group Southern for all site services played an important role in supporting Lovell Partnerships in the critical delivery of 225 units in under 12 months as part of the Army Basing Programme (ABP).
Built using a traditional, timber frame solution, all dwellings achieved an energy performance equal to Level 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
Summary of new build solar PV services
- HBS managed the installation, electrical works, commissioning and handover for 186 solar PV systems in 11 months. We completed the installations and commissioning to the highest standards, whilst meeting the client’s accelerated build programme targets at each stage.
- Working with Lovell, HBS were able to establish the most suitable dwellings for PV system installations at Bulford. This resulted in the number of homes specified with PV reducing from 225 down to 186, whilst still meeting the required kWh total and 19% CO2 target.
- The solar PV systems maximised roof space and are set to deliver significant energy savings for the service families whilst support the MOD DIO’s desire to combat fuel poverty.
- It is industry standard for developers to produce 1 to 4 houses per week. In under 12 months, the Army Basing Programme (ABP) across Bulford achieved its target of consistently producing more than 8 houses per week. That is 32 every 20 working days.
- The solar panels installed by HBS will provide a valuable and reliable zero-carbon electricity source for the troops and their families from the day they move in.
- Now complete, the 607.2 kWp new build solar PV scheme at Bulford SFA is set to generate an estimated 535,000 kWh in annual zero carbon electricity and achieve a carbon saving of up to 268 tonnes per annum.
|No. of plots||186|
|System size||2.7 – 3.5 kWp|
|Estimated project yield||535,00 kWh|
|Annual CO2 savings||268 t|