HBS Mechanical completes plumbing and heating services installations for 189 new energy-efficient homes at Latitude, a new major residential housing scheme in Southampton from Bellway Homes Wessex.
In 2017, Bellway Homes (Wessex) appointed HBS Mechanical as its preferred plumbing and heating contractor to provide an end-to-end installation service for 189 dwellings at phase 1 of their Latitude housing development.
Alongside the mechanical building services contract. Bellway Homes appointed HBS New Energies as the solar installation partner to design and deliver 228 kWp across 221 solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, ensuring the scheme met its sustainability targets within budget.
Now complete, the Latitude residential housing project offers a selection of 1 and 2-bedroom apartments and 2, 3, 4 and 5-bedroom houses. Tenure types for phase 1 include 122 private units and 67 affordable housing units.
Summary of new build plumbing & heating services
- Our experienced mechanical project team managed all aspects of supply, installation, testing, commissioning for the housing developments gas, heating, water system requirements.
- The scope of plumbing and heating services includes domestic hot and cold water and central heating, soil and wastewater systems, sanitary ware and rainwater goods.
A SMSTS Mechanical Contracts Manager lead a team of experienced new build plumbing and heating engineers to deliver a schedule of works from the first fix through to commissioning. At each stage of the build, HBS maintained a consistently high standard of workmanship and service in line with the client’s programme targets
- We completed the plumbing and heating system installations in compliance with Gas Safe Regulations, Building Regulations, Part P and the standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- HBS New Energies designed and installed a 228 kWp new build solar scheme for Latitude incorporating both roof-integrated and flat roof ballasted PV systems. Through efficient design we enabled Bellway Homes Latitude to meet its sustainability targets within budget.
- Following completion, HBS Aftercare will provide a dedicated 24-hour 365-day after-sales service to homeowners for two years.