HBS Group Southern partner with Barratt David Wilson Homes to provide an end-to-end mechanical and solar PV installation service for St James Place in Clanfield, ensuring 207 new energy efficient homes achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4.
Barratt David Wilson Homes (Southampton) appointed HBS Group Southern to supply a mechanical and solar PV installation package for St James Place, phase 3 of a large-scale housing scheme on the edge of South Downs National Park. This contract followed the successful performance over 3 years on previous phases, where HBS teamed up with Barratt David Wilson Homes (Southampton) and Bovis Homes (Southern Counties) to construct 276 new sustainable homes at Windmill View.
The dual branded development at St James Place offers a modern selection of 2,3 and 4 bedroom homes and a sports pavilion for residents. Housing association Radian have taken ownership of 75 units, providing much needed affordable housing for the area.
HBS Group’s specialist Mechanical and New Energies divisions played a pivotal role in ensuring all 207 low carbon homes achieved the targets for Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 on time and within budget.
- HBS Mechanical managed the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all gas, heating and water system requirements for 207 residential dwellings.
- Lead by a dedicated contracts manager, the scope of works undertaken by our on-site engineers included; domestic hot and cold water, central heating, waste water systems, sanitary ware, gas supply and rainwater.
HBS undertook the design, supply, installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical works for the sports pavilion and changing rooms. This included hot and cold water, central heating, waste water systems, showers, toilets, ventilation, plant room and controls.
We ensured all systems complied with Gas Safe Regulations and Building Regulations, completing installations to the high-quality standards set by our in-house Quality Management System.
- HBS Aftercare has now adopted the scheme and is providing a 24 hour 365 day after sales service to the residents at St James Place for the next two years for their peace of mind should any issues arise.
- HBS New Energies in-house design team value engineered a solar PV solution to best suit the house and roof types, with PV system sizes ranging from 0.75 to 2 kWp across 87 dwellings. This achieved the 25% minimum improvement over Building Regs and targets for Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 within the client’s budget.
- The 162.5kWp new build solar PV scheme at St James Place is set to cut carbon emissions by more than 59 tonnes per year. It will provide residents with zero carbon electricity that will to help reduce energy costs.
“HBS have been a valued mechanical and renewable contractor of Barratt Homes since 2005. We have always found them to be helpful with all aspects of the services they provide, whether in the design stage, installation or after-sales service.”
Jon Green, Managing Director, Barratt David Wilson Homes (Southampton)